The Clarendon Historic Hall which now houses the Clarendon community’s museum has been home to the Clarendon Council, the RSL and the Country Women’s Association. However it was built as a church in 1854, being the home of worship for the Bible Christian Community until the Methodist Union in 1899-1900 before being sold to the Clarendon District Council and used as Council chambers.
The former church is a simple building constructed of line-pointed sandstone rubble with large shaped stones to quoins and pointed arch windows. The building retains its original fine slate roof cladding.
The hall has been recognised as a State Heritage Place in the SA Heritage Register and members of the Clarendon Community Association have been developing the museum within the building. Clarendon is a small rural township in the Adelaide Hills which was established in 1846.