Coromandel Valley & Districts Branch of the National Trust of South Australia has an interest in Coromandel Valley and surrounding districts including Belair to Happy Valley, and Upper Sturt, Iron Bank, Scott Creek through to Kangarilla.
The group collects photographs, artefacts and memorabilia pertaining to Coromandel Valley and districts. The area – now an Adelaide outer metropolitan suburb – was named after Coromandel, the first migrant ship to anchor in Holdfast Bay (Glenelg) after South Australia was proclaimed in 1836. 2012 marked the 175th anniversary of the founding of Coromandel Valley.
This National Trust branch was founded in 1970 after being a historical society since 1964.
The Watchman House History Records & Community Facility, a records, displays and meeting place, was officially opened by the City of Onkaparinga Mayor Lorraine Rosenberg on 7 May 2016. It is open Saturday mornings for morning teas and local history chats.