• Immanuel College Archives

    Documenting the history of Immanuel Lutheran College which was first established in 1895 by Pastor Leidig of Point Pass (near Eudunda).

The archives document the history of Immanuel Lutheran College which was first established in 1895 by Pastor Leidig of Point Pass (near Eudunda). Pastor Leidig wanted to provide children of his far-flung parish with adequate confirmation instruction, to train teachers for Lutheran day schools, to uphold the language and culture, and to give a general education.

The school transferred to North Adelaide in 1921, moving to Walkerville during World War Two when the buildings were acquired by the RAAF. After the war land was purchased at Novar Gardens from the Morphett family of Cummins House and the school moved finally to its larger new campus in 1957.

Greg Slattery, Archivist
08 8294 3588
[email protected]

Immanuel College Archives

Documenting the history of Immanuel Lutheran College which was first established in 1895 by Pastor Leidig of Point Pass (near Eudunda).