Opened in May 2004, the Jamestown Local History Centre is located in the former Primary School building. The first class room was built in 1876 and the building was extended over a number of years.
The collection includes local newspapers from 1878; family and local histories; cemetery records with headstone photos, birth, death and marriage records; photographs, scrapbooks, business and club records; oral history tapes.
A special feature is the Barbara Parri local history collection. This collection is the life work of Barb Parri who recorded the history of Jamestown and districts including individuals, families, organisations, businesses and events. It was bequeathed to the History Centre and is available for all to use as a research tool
There is a special display of school memorabilia, and paintings of former one teacher schools throughout the district.