Managed by the Keith branch of the National Trust of SA, the museum is based in a former Congregational Church, built from local limestone by the Church parishioners in 1910. It features features beautiful leadlight windows that tell the history of Keith and were designed by the community. The building has a corrugated galvanised iron gable-ended roof with small ventilators near the apex, and stone quoins dress the random rubble stonework.
There is a extensive collection of local photos and newspapers and a stuffed wild dog who used to eat the local sheep, hence a dog fence was erected north of Keith in the 1890s.
Keith National Trust also manages an early settlers cottage on Emu Flat Road.