Kingston Historic House is located in Kingston Park, South Australia. Built in two stages, the first stage was completed in 1840 and the second in 1851, making it the oldest surviving residence in the Holdfast Bay City Council area, and one of the oldest in the state.
The property belonged to the South Australian surveyor, architect and politician, George Strickland Kingston, and was passed on to Lucy Kingston (the wife of George Kingston’s son and fellow politician, Charles Kingston). After Lucy Kingston’s death the property was purchased by the South Australian government in the 1920s.
It was restored due to popular demand in 1983. Open for Devonshire Teas and available for functions and hire, a group of volunteers perform a range of jobs maintaining the house helping with events. On 24 September 2017 the volunteers celebrated 30 years serving Devonshire Teas.