Housed in the old 1910 Millicent school, the South East Family History Group (SEFHG) Resource Centre has a collection of local, national and international resources.
- Birth, marriage, death cemetery and church records
- Shipping and passenger lists
- Family and local histories
- General reference books, gazettes and biographical indexes
- CDs, microfiche, microfilm and photographs
- Newsletters, journals, newspapers and maps
- Indexes and databases both printed and electronic.
Membership of the SEFHG allows free access to all physical and digital records held by the society, whose titles can be searched in the catalogue; free courses; opportunity to join excursions and attend general meetings with interesting speakers, receive the quarterly newsletter and monthly eNews as well as two free hours of research carried out on your behalf each year.
The SEFHG can research family trees at reasonable rates. Small and large queries welcomed.
The building in which the resource centre is housed was Millicent’s school when it opened in 1910 until it moved to bigger premises in 1928, when the building served as a temporary High School until the new one was erected. The centre is on the corner of Short Street and the Princes Highway (Mount Gambier Road) and is next door to the Millicent National Trust Museum.