The Uleybury School and teacher’s residence was built in 1856 and owes its beginnings to Moses Bendle Garlick, a Baptist layman, weaver and soldier in the Napoleonic Wars. The first teacher, John Mattingly, taught 18 boys and 16 girls. It was conducted much like a church school until 1874 when it came under jurisdiction of the Government. The school was renamed the One Tree Hill Primary School in 1946.
The school remained open until 1971 and was the oldest school building still in use by the Education Department. On display are school memorabilia, photographs and copies of school records including student rolls.
The school room is furnished with information, photographs and memorabilia of the school. The former lunch shed offers a gallery of historical information about the local area, a model of the Lady Alice Mine, and an interactive display of past time children’s activities.
The City of Playford owns and maintains the premises.