Urlwin Park Agricultural Museum is sited in Short Terrace and was formerly one of the state’s largest poultry farms in around 1930.
It now houses the ‘Balaklava Made’ collection featuring agricultural machinery manufactured by Blake, Illman, Brebner & Keefe, Willis, Ahrns and Anders. There are also displays of locally used farm machinery and road making machinery, the Halbury bank and replicas of Ted Anders blacksmith shop and the historic ‘Corduroy Road’, part of the Gulf Road used by bullock wagon teams transporting copper from the mines of Burra to ketches at Port Henry, now Port Wakefield. On various occasions during the year there are operating displays including ploughing, chaff cutting and blacksmithing.
The museum is operated by the group Balaklava Museum Inc, which also cares for the Centenary Hall Folk Museum in May Terrace, Balaklava.